Sunday, September 26, 2010

To Want or Not to Want?



There are things you want. You know, big things and plans for your life. And then there are things that you just want .Like right now. Nothing to do with the 'long term perspective' but you do!
Like  a pack of Caribbean Hot and Sweet Lays.
An insightful conversation on the terrace.
A haircut.
A holiday.
Freedom from my mental blocks. Like my mental blocks against IITians and Jaipur (people from Jaipur rather)
A flat 50% sale at Mango.
A roasted chicken sub and iced-lemon tea.
A long drive.
*sigh*
SADLY, I’m not getting any of those. Which brings me to the point about how the human brain functions! I  mean I know I won’t get any of those right now but I still crave for them. It’s true for the long term goals also. Most of them are unattainable but we still want them and don’t give up on trying to get them. It’s the challenge I guess that keeps us going and the hope of something better (It’s also the concept behind “Why Taken Guys are Sexier”).
Such optimistic enthusiasts!
But well, we’d rather try than not try thinking its unattainable. So, like my friend said today, “Google up Obama’s campaign and then tell yourself “You Can Do It”!


P.S. And here's what the world would like me to believe! What a BIG, FAT LIE!


No comments:

Post a Comment